Thursday, March 10, 2005

They get paid to do this?

Birmingham University (the one in England) reports that "fizzy drinks" and "sports drinks" both cause "tooth erosion" due to the relatively high acid content. They recommend brushing your teeth.

When I was in Sixth Grade (circa 1978), I ran a science project on the effect of Coca-Cola on various materials. I put various objects (pennies, teeth) into Coca-Cola, dilute phosphoric acid (an ingredient in Coke), and distilled water. Conclusion: The Coke and the phosphoric acid dissolved the teeth and cleaned the pennies. Ergo, the danger ingredient was the phosphoric acid. I recommended brushing your teeth.

They stole my research! I want tenure!

I did reference the project in Ninjas, Piranhas, and Galileo.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...