Friday, December 28, 2012

Happy Holidays!

I hope everyone is having a terrific holiday season!

Cyn and I are having a great (and busy) one, apart from a bout of cedar fever which has cut a bit into the marathon training.

After the Trail of Lights 5K, Cyn and I went to a fun Christmas carol sing-along party and, for Christmas Eve day, we went to see the The Hobbit. (It's very long, but worth seeing :-)).

Then we had a quiet Christmas together.  Here is a pic of our tree this year:


Here are a couple of the gifts she gave me.  The first is my first pair of cowboy boots ever (or at least, since I was around 5).
I'm definitely a Texan now :-).

The second gift was a fossilized shark tooth:

The guy we bought it from said it was from a C. megalodon, an extinct relative of the great white shark (Carcharodon carcharias).  Incidentally, the dinosaur Carcharodontosaurus was named after the great white shark because its teeth are similar.

Finally, the day after Christmas, we went to see White Christmas (highly recommended) at the Zach Scott Theatre, in their new Topfer Auditorium:

Cyn, Me, Bethany Hegedus, Nikki Loftin
 Photo courtesy of Dave Wilson Photography.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...