Saturday, August 06, 2005

While the wife's away...

So while Cynthia was in Vermont last month, what did I do?

Research for my new novel -- this included grilling Ken Appelt, husband of author Kathi Appelt, on childhood ranching experiences. BTW, the wait at Z Tejas on a Friday night at 7:30 is about an hour.

Also, I watched the extended DVDs of The Lord of the Rings. On the whole, I was very pleased, especially since LOTR is one of my favorite novels. (I may blog more about these later, after I've seen the special features - yes I am that much of a geek). For now, let me just ask, did anyone else notice that the Elves are the only ones in Middle Earth who use shampoo?

3 comments:

Camille said...

Greg,
You need to run down here to Houston and see The Movie exhibit at the Houston Museum of Natural Science.
http://www.hmns.org/exhibits/special_exhibits/the_lord_of_the_rings.asp?r=1
We are complete, total, unredeemable geeks as far as these movies are concerned for more reasons than I can go into here. Sting, Theoden's armour, the mithril shirt, orcs, Alan Lee's artwork, Boromir in his boat...hmmm...we are gonna have to go back. It leaves Aug. 28!

Liz B said...

Happy Birthday!!

Varian Johnson said...

Happy B-day Greg. It was great meeting you at the AISD Librarian Bookfair.

Varian
www.varianjohnson.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...