Sunday, June 09, 2013

Perot Musuem of Nature and Science

This weekend, Cyn and I had occasion to visit the new Perot Museum of Nature and Science for the first time.  Although we'd been to the Dallas natural history museum(s) at Fair Park before, we were looking forward to seeing the new facility and exhibits.

I was particularly excited to see the new Alamosaurus mount, since I featured Alamosaurus in CHRONAL ENGINE and it has turned out to be one of the largest sauropods on record.  The mount is in conjunction with a T.rex (also featured in CHRONAL ENGINE) in "stalking mode."

I was also delighted to see some attention given to the recent discoveries of dinosaurs from Alaska, including Edmontosaurus and Troodon.

And, of course, it being Dallas, some attention was given to the fauna of the Western Interior Seaway -- Late Cretaceous Dallas was several hundred feet underwater...

Here are some pics:

The Perot Museum from afar
Me and Troodon

T.rex
A hypsilophodont, a Tenontosaurus, and me

Puny humans.
Alamosaurus, T.rex, and me

Close up of Alamosaurus head
Close up of T.rex

Dallas underwater
Tylosaurus
Protostega

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...